Image Credit: OpenClipArt.org
As it’s the Space Week so here’s my first post with some real cool facts about our solar system.
I’m sure you didn’t know these (or maybe you did).
Let’s dive in:
- Our Solar system is 4.6 billion years old.
- The Solar system consists of the sun, planets, moons, dwarf planets, asteroids and the comets, out of which many are undiscovered.
- Over 99% of the Solar System’s mass is of the sun itself, rest is of the planets and all things around.
- We live inside the sun’s. atmosphere. It is far away but it’s atmosphere extends to cover all the planets in the system.
- Along with planets there are dwarf planets too. Only few are discovered so far namely Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake & Eris.
- The diameter of the dwarf planet Pluto is smaller than USA.
- All the planets are on the same plane and revolve…
View original post 97 more words